Topic: Another CAN Gateway Problem

Konstantin,

Nice to have you back, maybe you can help me with one other question.

I am having trouble using Drop Mode in the Gateway.  I can easily drop every record with a specific IDL.  However, I am having problems making it drop a message dynamically.  For example, if I have messages with an IDL of 0x351 and I want to delete some of them based on content (in my case a byte that identifies the source of the message).  I can’t get it to work.

In the Gateway Diagram, is the RX data available to the diagram before the Drop Mode test or after it?   If it’s after, then I can’t change the decision on the current record, which appears to be what’s happening.

One  alternative is to drop all 0x351 records and then rebuild a new record that I send independent of the Gateway.  Will  it let me send a message with an ID that is coded to be dropped?

Re: Another CAN Gateway Problem

Nice to see you again, Vic!

The variant that you suggested is recommended. It's shown in example #3:
http://wiki.cannylogic.com/index.php?ti … r#Examples

All messages with IDs for which the Gateway Selectors are configured, regardless of whether they are drop, modified or resend by the Gateway, fall into the diagram in its original form.

3 (edited by vmoses 22-01-2019 08:08:38)

Re: Another CAN Gateway Problem

Thanks,  I tested it this evening and it worked well...much simpler than than trying to turn drop mode on and off.  There was no problem sending a message with the same ID that I was dropping.