Topic: Feasibility of some ideas

Hi CANNY team

I have a couple of ideas and more on the way (I guess) to implement in my Ford Focus MK3 EU spec and I would very much appreciate your feedback concerning the feasibility and limitations of using CANNY7 for such tasks. I don't have a CANNY7 but I will buy one if it is suitable for my tasks.

1. My car is equipped with door modules in each of the 4 doors, that control exterior mirrors (electrically adjustable, heated and folding), locking/unlocking door actuators, power windows, etc. via LIN from BCM of the car. Moreover, the door modules are connected on MS-CAN network. I installed a third party keyless entry systems I would like to have my mirrors fold-in/out during lock/unlock of the car just like OEM system. I expect the BCM to send fold-in/out data to the door modules via LIN and then the door modules will activates the appropriate outputs to the mirrors. Simple solution would be to install universal mirror fold modules each in driver and passenger door, but CANNY7 would be elegant.

2. Switching fog lights with turn signals and steering wheel position like VAG vehicles. Also here the turn signals and steering wheel angle data is transmitted via LIN from BCM and connected over HS-CAN.

Please give your feedback and also some heads-up of any limitations of CANNY7 in general. Thank you!

Re: Feasibility of some ideas

Hi!
Wow! Very interesting ideas!
As you understand, without knowing the features of the operation of your vehicle's equipment, it is not possible to give an unambiguous answer as to whether our equipment can help or not. Do you have a description of how exactly you are going to implement your ideas? Which functions should the device perform that might be of useful for you? Speaking of our controllers, we can operate voltage levels, milliseconds, numbers and types of interfaces, the content of received and sent data packets e t.c.

So far I can only say that the chances that our controller may come in handy are quite high. It seems I've heard of the use of our controllers in similar tasks:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/465872148733363137/

Auto-translated version:

https://translate.google.com/translate? … mp;act=url

Hi

Sorry for my much delayed response! Thank you for your answer and the link. I follow drive2 extensively, but I missed that!

What I intend to do it quite simple from the concept. Basically, I want to identify the LIN messages received by the door modules to fold-in/fold-out the exterior mirrors using the LIN monitor. Start LIN monitor and execute folding functions of the mirrors either by OEM keyfob lock/unlock or via the dedicated fold switch. After identifying the responsible LIN messages, I want your controller to send these messages to the door modules when it receives a lock/unlock signal (negative pulse) from keyless entry module.

Same concept also for fog lights to function as cornering lights.

Can you suggest if demo board will be of a good use for such trials as I intend to implement more such functions in the future? Thank you!

You can use the CANNY 7 as a usb-lin interface for viewing LIN messages on the PC via ccm.exe utility: https://translate.google.com/translate? … mp;act=url

You can temporary connect the CANNY 7 in-place of any LIN-master or LIN-slave device to emulate its work, possibly with changes: http://wiki.cannylogic.com/index.php?ti … LIN_Driver

Finally, due to the fact that CANNY 7 has two LIN interfaces, you can embed the CANNY 7 in cut of LIN-bus segment and implement the LIN-gateway device.

Of course you can send LIN messages depending on the received CAN messages or the controller's input channel states fired by external keyless entry module.

However, working with LIN has many nuances and can be more complicated than with CAN, because LIN has a master-slave architecture.

Thanks for the heads-up, understood!

I will soon order CANNY 7 smile

I even envy you a little. I see you can use Google translator. Unfortunately, I can now use it only if I turn on the proxy server, which is not always convenient. Why is it blocked.

Fernik wrote:

Why is it blocked.

We have no information about anyone blocking our web sites. Can you show the message about the blocking that you got?