1 (edited by angellee200 05-09-2023 12:28:06)

Topic: Faster CAN scan

Hi Canny Team,

I have been using the CAN scanning(switching) method converting all the digital signal(ON/OFF) onto CAN (Please see attached program), needing to get the shift pedal in more respond manner, so tried to increase the PWM to get the "faster switching" , I may not doing it right, can someone shred some light on scanning the input in faster rate , there are two input I need it in priorities, they are the shifter for the transmission ( CAN BUS) to receive. Thank you in advance.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon INPUT controller.cfd 9.74 kb, 47 downloads since 2023-09-05 

Re: Faster CAN scan

Anyone?  The current behavior is that the delay whenever a button is pressed, let say a brake switch physically pressed, it is delayed for maybe 500ms-1000ms , I was hoping to have a faster response, should I use other method to transmit ON/OFF state onto the CAN network? shred some light please. thanx

I'm on my way!
First of all, "Default positive input" implies debouncing delays of 200 ms:  https://cannylogic.com/docs/c7/io/#sec- … input_mode
Just use advanced mode constants here.

Also, you can use shorter PWM generator #11 Period value

Please see attachment.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon INPUT controller_1.cfd 9.86 kb, 47 downloads since 2023-09-06 

4 (edited by angellee200 13-09-2023 06:12:22)

Konstantin, you are the man , thank you very much.

I hope the next persons who is reading this found it useful, I will be on here more often as I want to be part of the community to help!

Thank you again!

You are welcome!
Of course, this is all part of the product knowledge base and is very valuable.
It will be livelier here, somewhen, I hope so.
Thanks for your intent to help!

6 (edited by angellee200 09-09-2023 23:19:50)

I want to follow up with this post. After I increase the scan time to advance setting(20ms) per Konstantin suggested, the "scanning" speed had been more responsive, I also added a Rising edge detector and the off button delay turning off to 150-180ms  , so far the up shift and downshift button are very responsive and it catches every time I press the button, these devices are very capable and very potential for project like this.

Thanks for your following up! It's inspiring!