26 (edited by AlxBilt 28-01-2024 05:54:21)

Re: Numerical value to CAN D1:D0

Konstantin, CANNY logic wrote:

Please see here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/318 … -ack-field

Q.

"When a receiving node would like to ACK acknowledge the receipt of a frame, what exactly is it supposed to transmit?

The same frame just with a dominant bit for ACK?"

A. "

No, every CAN node controller on the bus will usually listen to a message transferred and will automatically check this frame for correctness (CRC).

And it will usually also acknowledge the message by overwriting the recessive ACK=1 ("send" by the transmitter) with a dominant ACK=0 during message transfer. So there is no second message needed to acknowledge the first one.

That's also why you can't have any CAN bus with just one node, because there is no one else to acknowledge and check its sent frames.

Of course, in some controllers these checks can be deactivated or ignored, but not in the common use case."

Very interesting.

So basically in my scenario the engine's computer is either accepting the first message but no more (given the sporadic acceptance viewed through OBD2 PID)

or

the TX period (time) and / or quantity of frames per second are the issue.

27 (edited by AlxBilt 29-01-2024 05:09:33)

If you saw my video with Canny as the standalone Speed Module then the test below seems to be the next step for proper calibration of Canny settings.

My new plan is to use UART2 VCP to visually see the count of the pulse to verify they are adequate for debugging.

From there I can get a better understanding of what should be going to at the output of the TX CAN data.

I tried two COM port software. One called Terminal and the second is called HTerm 0.8.9.
Terminal seems to be ideal since it has a visual graph.

Next,  I loaded the UART2 Driver but-------I see UART2 TX output register is similar to CAN e.g. "D1:D0" etc.

I left the activation "Hello!" the same.

Test #1.

I placed a counter from Frequency Meter "output" to Counter "Increment" to UART2 TX "D1:D0."

Results:

Did not make sense to me.

Test #2.

Using HTerm.
Place a Constant value of "1500" as a testing baseline to "input" of UART2 TX "D1:D0"

Results:

1     2     3
220 005 000

Test #3.

Using Terminal.
Place a Constant value of "1500" as a testing baseline to "input" of UART2 TX "D1:D0"

Results:

DC 05 00

Which appears to be colors for coding.

Question:

1. What do you recommend to view the pulse count results from Frequency Meter output?

2. How do you add value result of UART2 TX D1:D0?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1_28_2024_VSS_ADC_CH8_CUMMINS_ECU_TX_215_0_27_UART2 USB VCP_4.cfd 19.83 kb, 18 downloads since 2024-01-29 

Question:

1. What do you recommend to view the pulse count results from Frequency Meter output?

2. How do you add value result of UART2 TX D1:D0?

Could the approach suggested in the attachment work for you?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 1_28_2024_VSS_ADC_CH8_CUMMINS_ECU_TX_215_0_27_UART2 USB VCP_4_1.cfd 18.47 kb, 21 downloads since 2024-01-29 

Hello Konstantin,

I was able to download and run the diagram.
Thank you.

I sent you an email of the report and findings.

Correction*

I thought you meant this diagram.

1_28_2024_VSS_ADC_CH8_CUMMINS_ECU_TX_215_0_27_UART2 USB VCP_4_1.cfd 18.47 kb, 2 downloads since 2024-01-29

I just realize you sent one to my email.

The one above is no good. I will check the one in my email.

Possible my example is not what you exactly need. But once you launch it (unmodified), you will be able to observe the frequency meter output data in the terminal in human readable ASCII format.

Konstantin, CANNY logic wrote:

Possible my example is not what you exactly need. But once you launch it (unmodified), you will be able to observe the frequency meter output data in the terminal in human readable ASCII format.

I will use the original file and study from there.

Thanks

Hello Konstantin,

I am going in a different direction while I study the logic of CANbus. I am very close to getting it to work but as you saw in my videos the issue is the engine module do not accept Canny TX data without the ABS module being idle on the CANbus and then the messages are only accepted sporadically.

2nd Option:

I would like to see if the speed distortion I currently have with my original setup (sine wave>>ADC Yellow Box>ABS Module>CANbus) is caused by the ADC Yellow Box or the ABS module. I suspect the Yellow Box is the culprit.

I figure since Canny appears to be a pretty good wave counter then perhaps it would do a better job than the Yellow Box.

So here is the new project.

Continue using the Frequency Meter to input the sine wave on one channel (ch8 currently) and relay the count to Channel 7.

I.E. sine wave>channel 8>output to Ch7>ABS Module>CANbus.

My remap is not working. I do not see in Documents on the CannyLogic site an explanation of  "Strong VDD/Weak GND" or derivatives, to understand what each type does. I have tried all selections but none allows ch7 to output the input count from ch8.

I have also tried "DIO Output PWM Duty Setup Register, IO Channel 7" but that did work either.

I tried turning "Strong VDD/Weak GND" or derivatives to a constant "1" but that did not work either.

Can you point me in the right direction please.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2_9_2024_VSS_Counter_UART2 USB VCP_4_5_working69MPH.cfd 14.12 kb, 14 downloads since 2024-02-10 

34 (edited by AlxBilt 11-02-2024 03:06:43)

I have also tried (butchering) implementing your Gruner Controller v2.0 but that did not work either.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2_9_2024_VSS_Counter_UART2 USB VCP_4_5_working69MPH6.cfd 14.74 kb, 13 downloads since 2024-02-11 

AlxBilt wrote:

2nd Option:

Can you point me in the right direction please.

Please see the attachment for a completely suboptimal solution, just to demonstrate the principle.

Also, please see the related documentation:

For DIO PWM:
https://cannylogic.com/docs/c72duo/io/# … utput_mode

The CANNY 7.2 Duo's "Strong VDD/Weak GND" is equivalent of CANNY 7's "Output PLUS (100mA) / Output minus (1mA)" : 

https://cannylogic.com/docs/c7/io/#sec- … t_diagrams

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2_9_2024_VSS_Counter_UART2 USB VCP_4_5_working69MPH_1.cfd 14.62 kb, 16 downloads since 2024-02-12 

AlxBilt wrote:

I have also tried (butchering) implementing your Gruner Controller v2.0 but that did not work either.

I don't quite understand what this is and how I can help here.

Pardon my writing if it is confusing.

I would like to know if  it is possible to count pulse - using the Frequency Meter  - on a channel and output the value on another channel?

Example.

Input pulse signal count value on ch.8
then
Output the count value on ch.0.

Essentially making Canny a counter gateway that count pulse on one channel and output the value on another channel.

What did you mean:

Output the count value on ch.0.

In what form?

39 (edited by AlxBilt 14-02-2024 02:24:43)

My idea is; 

Canny would read sine wave pulse (currently doing that)  from the vehicle's ABS module on ch.8  then
output the count value on ch.0 in square wave pulse form as an alternative to sending CAN data.

Essentially relaying the input pulse count (analog to digital converter) from analog pulse input  to digital pulse output.

AlxBilt wrote:

Canny would read sine wave pulse (currently doing that)  from the vehicle's ABS module on ch.8  then
output the count value on ch.0 in square wave pulse form as an alternative to sending CAN data.

Did you see the diagram in my comment above? This is the link: https://forum.cannylogic.com/viewtopic. … 1092#p1092

This is exactly what you are talking about, except that instead of channel 0, channel 7 is used and the output frequency is already scaled.

Essentially relaying the input pulse count (analog to digital converter) from analog pulse input  to digital pulse output.

As I said earlier, the ADC has absolutely nothing to do with it.

41 (edited by AlxBilt 14-02-2024 20:04:04)

"Did you see the diagram in my comment above?

Sorry no. I overlooked it since it was the same name-except with a 1 attached. I understand ADC with Canny does not apply in this application.

I meant ADC for the truck side. The truck appears limited to analog and the ABS module does not respond well with the analog signal. That is why I had to use the YellowBox as an ADC and multiplier.

Your diagram is interesting. I tried DIO PWM (duty / period) prior to these messgaes but I was thinking 1 to 1, meaning without Map and Division.

I am studying the Map and Division (X / Y) to try and understand  what is happening internally.

Thank you