Topic: 7.2 future question

Hello.

I must say the CANNY stuff looks extremely interesting with the GUI for programming.
I have a few questions, I´ve read the wiki but just wanted to verify

1. All the IO can be used as voltage sensing in the CANNY for various uses such as If "Input  1" < 3v = 1 otherwise 0, so that in the event of an analog sensor going below 3v you can trigger an operation, and write some hysteresis so its not flipping on and off etc?

2. Analog readings of the IO can be converted into engineering values for use in the CANNY logic? As above but instead of 3v threshold the threshold is now 300kpa or 25°C or 500N etc etc.

3. Will there ever be the option for lookup curves and maps (2D / 3D) so RPM = X , Temp = Y , lookup in a 3D table interpolated based on the engineering values of rpm and temp to receive a value, this value can then be used for some other purpose such as PWM duty cycle on an output to a IGBT/MOSFET etc or passed on further to more lookup tables etc to eventually get a value that might be sent out on CAN again? Further example - "RPM1" coming from CAN1 goes to lookup table NEW_RPM with RPM1 as X axis and "TPS" as Y axis, based on the 3D table the output is named "RPM2" this is sent through the gateway on the same CAN id and location as RPM1 came in on and so you have a TPS and RPM based new RPM output? There are of course endless potential cases for this use.

4. The IO can be controlled to deliver a specific voltage? So if CAN 0x320 Byte 7 = 00 , then output 2 = 0v, if Byte 7 = FF then output 2 = 5v?

Re: 7.2 future question

Thank you for your interest!

1. Discrete I/O channels do not have a hardware hysteresis. But you can configure debouncing options in CANNY 7 DIO driver, or organize more flexible input debouncing in your CFD diagram for any controller. Please see a picture below. Of cause you can freely use your input states in your algorithms.
2. You can interpret the input data as you wish. You can build pretty big arithmetic expressions in your CFD diagram.
3. It depends on the size of the 2D/3D table. The mass produced controllers are not very well adapted to the "big data" manipulation. But we are open to commercial development of custom devices based on CANNY platform.
4. If I understand correctly, this is about DAC (digital to analogue conversion). The controllers do not have a built-in DAC, but they have an internal PWM. And in some cases you can use an external PWM-to-voltage circuit as a DAC.

Post's attachments

Example10.png, 15.14 kb, 796 x 175
Example10.png 15.14 kb, 197 downloads since 2020-01-29